Importance of Eye Emergencies
Blink Eyewear welcomes patients that have ocular emergencies and require immediate assessment by one of our qualified Optometrists. Many eye emergencies need to be treated promptly to ensure the best prognosis.
Ocular emergency appointments are covered by Alberta Health Care and do not require a referral. If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, please call our clinic and one of our Optometrists will be able to assess your eye condition promptly.
Emergency Eye Care is recommended for anyone with the following symptoms:
- Eye pain
- Sudden decrease in vision
- Increased light sensitivity
- Flashes of light or black spots in your vision
- Curtain-like disappearance of vision
- Swelling around the eye
- Foreign body
- Chemical burn
- Double vision
- Eye injury or trauma
- Halos (colored circles) around lights